Day 90: I am not in context.

I started today with Sonnet 90 and a LauraLetter. Since Nani's flight back to India was scheduled for tonight, I then headed downstairs to help her finish up her packing. But because of the strike at London Heathrow, Nani will now be departing on Sunday -- hoorah!!

After a delicious brunch, I took a leisurely shower full of Beatles tunes.

These guys are pure genius.

Afterwards, I contacted Renee Forrester, Sasha Bruce Youthwork's Volunteer Coordinator, about planning an event for a group of World Bank staff members. In mid-December, Papa hopes to host a group of his colleagues in a day of service at a local DC organization -- and what better choice than my amazing workplace?

I then checked out two Economist articles on mind-reading: "The terrible truth" and "Mind-goggling" -- the possibilities proposed by these papers are positively perilous! (And I feel particularly penitent for my present propensity for . . . well, consonance.)

After helping Mama organize some papers in her study and briefly reading about the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Durban, I settled in with The Lost Symbol for a few hours.

In the evening, I had a session with a really great clinician, who happens to have the same name as Flint Hill's headmaster -- John Thomas! Now back home (greeted by the welcome sight of a message from Woojin), I plan to hit the treadmill and then help a friend with an essay before turning in for the night. Life without Facebook is fun!

Comments

  1. Were you intentionally paying homage to George Harrison? If so, props...if not, what a fabulous way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! I didn't even know!! How cool. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

Din 227: “God took his time making you.”