Day 96: "You've got time."

I read Sonnet 96 in the car this morning before conking out for the whole drive to 8th St. SE (where my office is). Once at the nearest Starbucks, I wrote a letter to Laura and came up with some rough dates for my travels this year. I hope to overlap with Laura in London this winter!


At the office, I attended my second Evaluation Committee team meeting, where we followed up on the last time we met and made some new progress. One big discussion item was whether the agency should hire an outside organization to aid us in our internal evaluation process. We are still deciding, but I pointed out that evaluation is by definition a process most objectively and effectively carried out by third parties. Bart is going to crunch some numbers and then we'll see what we decide.

Next, I helped Jill finalize a set of deadlines for the many components of the Annual Report. I suggested that she share this timeline via Google Docs, so other members of the Development team can add their own tasks as necessary.

With a plan finalized and our tummies growling, Jill, Renee, and I headed to lunch. Before leaving, we noticed that our outfits all followed the same color scheme -- turquoise is the best!


After lunch, I hopped on the metro, headed to Flint Hill to help Mama Maddox with the dress rehearsal for this year's Winter Choral Concert (you all should go! -- Wednesday at 7:00pm in the Olson Theater). During my ride, I received an email from a flustered RAckerman. Since I was early for choir practice, I made a stop at the upper school to help Ryan plan out how to best divide his workload this week (last week before midterm exams!).

At the rehearsal, my main job was to keep the fifth and sixth graders in line. I was also to make sure they did not talk while other groups were rehearsing -- quite an ironic duty for Chatterbox Gill.


I was really touched when kids actually checked with me before they used the restroom -- Baby Bradley even asked my permission after all the other students had left and she was waiting for Big Bradley's rehearsal to end. What a cutie -- just like my sister Bradley!!


When rehearsal was over, Priya and I waited for Mama (who was in a parents' meeting at Flint Hill) by "performing" some piano+voice duets in the Olson Theater (with an astounding audience of zero). I also took this time to write a response to a recent letter from Laura.

Who knew I'd be returning home from Flint Hill after 8pm even after graduating? Finally home, I plan to unwind a bit before calling it an early night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!