Day 246: The grass is always greener on the other side of the Hill.

Jet lag woke me at 5:30 this morning and bid me talk to the only other human awake at this hour -- Laura Kambourian, who had yet to fall asleep for the night. When Priya's "Stereo Love" alarm went off, I noshed on a snack while helping her get ready for Color Games at Flint Hill Middle School.

Priya the pink prep.
I went back to sleep after dropping Priya to the bus and skimming The Power of Now, and then was up again at 9 to see if my hair could be rescued by Vimon.


Back home, I plopped myself down in front of the television and watched Gilmore Girls until it got too sad.


Then, I meditated for an hour before heading to Flint Hill for an appointment with Mr. Chang. I will be doing a mini-internship with him for the next two weeks, helping with Latin II and Latin IV. I got to school with more than enough time to socialize before meeting "Howard."


I enjoyed catching up with my Varlets while creaming them at Certamen (not really; I got like 2 points). After practice, Mr. Chang and I went over the lesson plan for this Monday, when I will be instructing his Latin II Honors class. We were soon joined by Priya the Pink, and on the way home, she and I started translating some of Monday's material together. We took the bus to North Point, where we stopped for some Baskin Robbins.


Having polished off our respective chocolate chip and butter pecan ice creams, Priya and I made a trip to Giant, where we were sure to take the time to pose in front of the security cameras.


Once home, we had a spontaneous dance session to the following three diversely brilliant songs:

1. Desi Thumka -- Nouman Khalid
2. Bailando Por Ahi -- Juan Magan
3. Call Me Maybe -- Carly Rae Jepsen

After watching some Disney Channel, we finished up our translation about Romulus and Remus just before I slumped up the stairs to write this post. Jet lag is rude!

--

Happy birthday, Keith Haring!

Comments

  1. Hi Ratna! Finally you are back home. Read your blog after a long time and enjoyed as usual. It looks like you enjoyed your stay in Punjab. Your Gyan Ghar is very inspiring. my best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bygones -- by Marina Keegan

Day 97: I might steal your clothes and wear them if they fit me.

This is my smoke signal!